What is Camellia Oil?
Grown in the mountains of Southeast Asia, Camellia Oleifera is the plant from which all varieties of green and black teas are made. The cold-pressed oil extracted from this winter-blooming flower has been a treasured beauty secret of the geisha for centuries due to its highly restorative and rejuvenating effects on the skin. This time-tested oil has an amber green color and mild sweet aroma. Camellia Oil is also commonly referred to as “Tea Seed Oil”, as it literally comes from the seeds of the tea plant.
How Does it Affect Your Skin?
- Camellia has more naturally-occurring antioxidants than almost any other botanically based oil in the world, which helps to fight free radicals and protect the skin from environmental stressors. It has a buffering quality that acts as a highly effective shield which protects skin from environmental toxins and pollutants.
- The molecular weight of cold-pressed Camellia Oil is almost an exact match for the skin, which allows for faster and more thorough absorption. It’s unique makeup helps it to penetrate down to the deepest layers of the skin, much like water, which leaves the skin smooth and supple.
- It contains Squalene, a unique active constituent that is an important component of the skin’s natural emollient system. Squalene helps to prevent premature aging and dry skin, along with wrinkles and sagging. When used around the eyes and the mouth, it helps to smooth fine lines and soften wrinkles.
- Camellia Oil is literally packed with vitamins and vital nutrients. It is rich in Oleic Acid, even more so than olive oil, and it contains Vitamins A, B, D & E, as well as Omega 3, 6 & 9, and minerals P, Zn, Ca, Fe, Mn, and Mg.
- Camellia Oil helps to restore the skin’s proper PH balance, making it an exceptional emollient and moisturizer. It’s also the perfect remedy for breakouts or irritated skin, as it has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that calm and balance the complexion.
- It is wonderful for blocking out UV rays and helping to prevent discoloration, increased pigmentation and sun damage. It naturally increases SPF by about 5 points, and pure, cold-pressed and unrefined Camellia Oil will help to restore texture and diminish age spots.
- For men, Camellia Oil acts as a soothing after shave which, if applied regularly, will prevent shaving burns and keep skin conditioned.
Experience the Benefits of Camellia Oil for Skin
This super-antioxidant organic skincare ingredient has numerous benefits and is an essential for maintaining beautiful skin, which is why we had to include Camellia Oil as key ingredient in our Bee-Radiant Organic Face Oil. You can use code “BEE10” at checkout, if you’d like to our Bee-Radiant Face Oil and experience the benefits of Camellia Oil for you skin.